- France recognizes Holodomor of 1932-1933 as genocide of Ukrainian people 29.03.2023
- AFU destroy 610 invaders, seven tanks, MLRS, six artillery systems, aircraft in day – General Staff 29.03.2023
- Biden concerned about prospect of deploying Russian nuclear weapons in Belarus – media 29.03.2023
- Ukrainian navigator of 831st tactical aviation brigade Kyryliuk killed during combat mission 29.03.2023
- Emergency blackouts due to bad weather introduced in Kyiv – military administration 29.03.2023
Peace Village donated by MEAN and Italian companies opens in Brovary
KYIV. March 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Peace Village public space opened in Brovary (Kyiv region) on the Freedom Square. It was donated to the city by the European Movement of Nonviolent Action (Movimento Europeo Di Azione Non Violenta, MEAN) together with a pool of Italian companies, the press service of the Free Spirit of Ukraine Foundation reported.
“Here in Ukraine, we saw the determination of the Ukrainians and their determination to win. They fight because they want to live and identify themselves as peaceful people striving for freedom,” MEAN project coordinator Angelo Moretti quoted by the press service.
The Peace Village will become the heating station and a public space for residents and guests of Brovary. In warm and well-equipped buildings, one can educate children and hold meetings, charge phones or tablets, just get warm, or get other help.
The construction of the Peace Village began on February 6, 2023. The complex of its facilities was designed by the architect Mario Cucinella, and implemented by MEAN together with a pool of Italian companies (ScaffSystem from Ostuni and Mannigroup from Verona, etc.). The area of the complex is 300 square meters. It is equipped with two ovens, a conventional generator donated by Base Italia, and 16 mini solar generators.
“I am sincerely grateful to our Italian friends for helping Ukraine and trusting our foundation. I am sure that the cooperation between the foundation and the MEAN will gain momentum and together we can bring a lot of benefits to Ukraine,” the press service quoted Head of the Free Spirit of Ukraine Foundation Serhiy Malyk as saying.