- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Outbreak of African swine fever recorded in Kharkiv region
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Temporary quarantine restrictions are being introduced in Kharkiv region due to outbreak of African swine fever (ASF), recorded in Slobozhansky National Nature Park.
According to the press service of the Kharkiv regional state administration, such a decision was made at a meeting on September 2.
"Temporary quarantine restrictions on African swine fever in the epizootic outbreak for a period of 72 hours have been established. The boundaries of the temporary protection zone with a radius of 3 kilometers from the epizootic outbreak, which includes the territory of Slobozhansky National Park, part of the settlements of Olenivske, Murafa, Lisove of the Krasnokutsk village council.
The boundaries of the temporary surveillance zone – with a radius of 10 kilometers – from the external borders of the protection zone have also been determined," the statement says.
In addition, all pigs will be registered on farms of all forms of ownership in the protection and surveillance zone, and the movement of live pigs from quarantine zones will be temporarily prohibited.
The ASF outbreak was recorded on September 1 at Slobozhansky National Park, where nine dead animals were found.
Chief State Veterinary Inspector Dmytro Voloshko said that the selected samples from the animals were sent to the Regional State Laboratory of the State Food and Consumer Service in Poltava region. Examination confirmed the diagnosis of ASF.