- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Number of shipments by individuals via Nova Poshta Global up by 9 times in 2022
KYIV. April 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Nova Poshta Global, part of the Nova Poshta group of companies, delivered 5.6 million international parcels in 2022, the number of shipments abroad from individuals increased 9 times compared to 2021, the press service of the postal operator reported on Monday.
“Most of the parcels were delivered to Poland and Germany, because it was in these countries that more than 4 million Ukrainians ended up,” the company noted.
According to the release, a total of 315 million parcels were sent last year, including 2.6 million tonnes of cargo, which is 15% less than in 2021 (about 370 million parcels).
The postal operator noted that the most active shipments occurred on December 30, when the company set a new record for daily shipments – 1.9 million parcels.
According to the report, Nova Poshta opened 1,000 new branches in the war year 2022, most of all in Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa and Vinnytsia regions. New branches also started operating in the front-line cities: Izium, Stary Saltiv, Kharkiv, Sviatohirsk, Lyman, etc.
At present, the company has 23,300 service points, including 9,300 branches and 14,000 parcel lockers.
Nova Poshta also announced the transfer of UAH 7.7 billion in taxes to the budget of Ukraine last year, which is UAH 700 million more than in 2021.
According to the company, last year the company invested UAH 388 million in the purchase of ammunition, drones, generators and other equipment for the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as donations to funds and the purchase of equipment for hospitals and rehabilitation centers.
In addition, in 2022, Nova Poshta delivered 22,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid free of charge.
“Some 420,500 parcels were delivered to the de-occupied territories. Of these, 4,000 parcels, or 49.8 tonnes, were parcels with aid from Ukrainians, which were also delivered at the expense of Nova Poshta,” the company added.