- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
No weekends to be transferred to working days on New Year, Christmas holidays in 2023
KYIV. Dec 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – No weekends will be transferred to working days on New Year and Christmas holidays in 2023 due to martial law in Ukraine.
In particular, the Ukrainian legislation determines that if a holiday or non-working day coincides with a day-off, the day-off is usually transferred to the next day after the holiday or non-working day.
However, Article 6 of the law on the organization of labor relations under martial law sets other rules for the period of martial law, namely, the effect of Article 73 of the Labor Code on the definition of holidays and non-working days is suspended.
Thus, Mondays on January 2 and 9 will be ordinary working days, despite the fact that New Year (January 1) and Christmas (January 7) in 2023 fall on Sunday and Saturday, respectively.