- OSCE Special Representative in Ukraine urges parties to adhere to their commitments, prevent further escalation 28.10.2021
- Kyivstar increases revenue by 14.9%, EBITDA by 14.6% in Q3 2021 28.10.2021
- Polio vaccination rate in Ukraine is 53%, international partners urge Ukrainian parents to vaccinate their children – NHSU 28.10.2021
- Ukraine records 26,071 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours 28.10.2021
- Hospitals in Odesa region provided with medical oxygen for patients with coronavirus – Ministry of Health 28.10.2021
No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee
KYIV. Sept 18 (Energy Reform) – The revised bill on energy storage systems under No. 5436-d, registered on September 17, does not contain any ways to stimulate and support the activities of such systems from the state, in particular, feed-in tariffs, the head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Energy and Housing and Utilities Services, Andriy Gerus, said.
"The bill does not provide for any special feed-in tariffs or other government subsidies. The energy storage system will operate on a market basis, in accordance with the rules of the fourth Energy Package, in particular, in the ancillary services market," Gerus wrote on Telegram.
He also clarified that the bill defines the energy storage system, describes the rules for the operation of the relevant market and regulates their activities when connecting to the power grids of Ukrenergo and distribution networks.
"The construction and development of energy storage systems will help make the Ukrainian power system more flexible, stable and reliable," the head of the energy committee summed up.
The text of the bill is not yet available on the Rada’s website.
As reported, the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Energy and Housing and Utilities at a meeting on Friday, September 17, supported and recommended for adoption as a basis the draft law on amendments to some laws of Ukraine regarding the development of energy storage systems, finalized by the members of the committee.