- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
New airport in Donetsk region could be built near Kramatorsk
KYIV. Sept 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Donetsk Regional State Administration is currently considering several locations in the north of the region for the construction of a new airport, Head of the Regional State Administration Pavlo Kyrylenko said at a briefing on the results of work in August.
"Now we are working out the locations. Yesterday, the State Aviation Service provided requirements for the land plot, how much area it should have, what length of the runway should be. We are providing these answers. I set the task to have two or three sites [in the north of the region] except for the so-called Sarmat [near Kramatorsk], the airfield where military aircraft are now able to land," he said.
Kyrylenko said that he considers motivated concerns about the proximity of the location to the contact line.
"I understand that in addition to the euphoria of creating an airport, there is also responsibility, and most importantly, the safety and health of passengers and the population as a whole is important. There are certain risks that it would be incorrect to bypass or hush up. I talked about this personally with Volodymyr Oleksandrovych [President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky]," the head of the Regional State Administration said.
In his opinion, "there should be an airport in the area that is developing. Not one, but several," Kyrylenko said.