- Norwegian ports to restrict access for Russian trawlers 07.10.2022
- Currency cross-rates at 13:01 Kyiv time on 07/10/22 07.10.2022
- Ukrainian banks' cash exchange rates on 07/10/22 07.10.2022
- LPN and eurobond quotations as of 18:00 Kyiv time on October 6 07.10.2022
- Naftogaz supports use of UAH 26 bln from royalty for Aug-Nov 2022 to buy gas from private producers – Vitrenko 07.10.2022
Nearly 20% of Ukrainian retailers significantly reduce staff during war – study
KYIV. Sept 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Almost 20% of Ukrainian retailers during the war reduced their staff by more than 10%, while 62% of companies out-of-schedule reduce the process of hiring new employees, according to a joint study of the Association of Retailers of Ukraine and Rabota.ua.
According to its released data, as of August, 14.2% of surveyed retailers have laid off up to 10% of their employees, 7.1% of companies – up to one quarter, and 12.8% – about half the staff or more.
The cuts were mainly in positions related to customer support (42%), back office administrative roles (34%) and production line staff (17%).
At the same time, nearly 60% of retailers are now fully operational, up 2.1% since April, according to the study.
According to the survey, 18% of companies have halted their hiring plans before the end of the year. However, 12% reported increasing hiring and 8% maintaining current plans.
Companies intend to increase the hiring of specialists in logistics and delivery (46% of respondents), in IT (41%) and digital marketing (10%).