- Melitopol mayor ready to purchase potassium iodide to protect citizens from radiation, urges ICRC to organize delivery corridor 11.08.2022
- Culture Ministry records 464 cases of Russia's war crimes against cultural heritage of Ukraine 11.08.2022
- Russian troops continue to shell de-occupied villages in Kherson region, provoke humanitarian catastrophe – regional governor 11.08.2022
- Wheat field destroyed by fire amid Russia's shelling attacks on Novoslobidska community – Sumy region governor 11.08.2022
- Poroshenko hands over Italian armored vehicles to paratroopers of 79th brigade 11.08.2022
National Guardsman who shot his colleagues at Yuzhmash is conscript from Izmail, Odesa region – Gerashchenko
KYIV. Jan 27 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The National Guardsman, who shot his colleagues at state-owned enterprise “Production Association Pivdenny Machine-Building Plant” (Yuzhmash), is a conscript from Izmail, Odesa region, Deputy Interior Minister Anton Gerashchenko has said.
“The duties of Artem Riabchuk, who shot his colleagues, included guarding the territory of the Yuzhmash plant,” he said on his Facebook page on Thursday morning.
Gerashchenko said that Riabchuk grew up without a father.
“First of all, the investigation will face the question – what was the motive for committing such a terrible crime? First of all, the question will be studied whether the serviceman succumbed to psychological pressure in the team. And also how he passed the medical commission, on the conclusions of which he was granted the right to access military weapons,” the deputy head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs said.
Gerashchenko said that he would face the most severe punishment for the massacre.
“Now the most important thing is to find and detain Artem Riabchuk as soon as possible before he has time to commit new crimes. This is what law enforcement agencies are now focused on,” the deputy head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs said.