- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Naftogaz warns about postponement of switch to payments for gas in kWh
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Due to the war, NJSC Naftogaz Ukrainy has postponed the introduction of accounting and payments for natural gas in units of energy, which was supposed to take place from May 1 this year.
"In accordance with Energy Ministry order No. 169 dated April 30, 2022 in connection with the introduction of martial law in Ukraine and in accordance with the law on the natural gas market, the gas supply company Naftogaz Ukrainy postpones the introduction of kilowatt-hours in bills," the company said on its website on Wednesday.
The company said that before martial law, the heating season 2021-2022 should be the last time Ukrainian households paid for gas by metrics.
According to ministry order No. 169, GTS, gas distribution, gas storage facilities operators and other parties of the natural gas market for the period of the legal regime of martial law shall carry out accounting and commercial settlements for gas in units of volume – thousand cubic meters.
This applies to business relations when receiving and transferring gas to/from the GTS or gas distribution systems, purchase and sale, supply, consumption, provision of transportation services, distribution, storage of natural gas or LNG installation services, in which they are participants.