- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Mariupol residents evacuated from Azovstal arrive in Zaporizhia, 156 people saved – city council
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Evacuated people from Azovstal plant in Mariupol (Donetsk region) have already arrived in Zaporizhia, where they are receiving the necessary assistance, Mariupol City Council has said.
"We are grateful to all the participants in the evacuation mission, representatives of the UN, the International Red Cross and Minister Iryna Vereschuk. Thanks to the combined efforts, we managed to save Mariupol residents from this hell," Mayor Vadym Boichenko said, according to the city council’s Telegram channel.
Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories Vereschuk said that a total of 156 people were evacuated. She also said that several hundred more people remain on the territory of the plant.
The city council also said the UN humanitarian coordinator announced her readiness to repeat the operation to evacuate civilians from Azovstal.