- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Macron calls on Putin to ensure further evacuation from Azovstal – Elysee Palace
PARIS. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – French President Emmanuel Macron in a telephone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday called on Russia to ensure the continuation of the evacuation from Azovstal plant in Mariupol, according to a press release of the Elysee Palace.
"He called on Russia to allow the evacuation of the Azovstal plant… to continue in coordination with humanitarian organizations, giving the evacuees a choice of place of arrival in accordance with international humanitarian law," according to the statement.
Macron, in a conversation with Putin, also expressed concern about the situation in Donbas.
The French president "expressed his readiness to work with competent international organizations to help lift the Russian blockade of Ukrainian food exports through the Black Sea."
In addition, Macron again called for a ceasefire in Ukraine, and also expressed his readiness to work on finding conditions for resolving the situation in the country through negotiations.