- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Lukashenko signs decree on military conscription, service in reserve
MINSK. Jan 24 (Interfax) – Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko on Tuesday signed Decree N19, entitled "On the demobilization and conscription to fixed-term military service and service in reserve," his press service said.
"The document envisions to call up, in February-May 2023, for fixed-term military service, and service in reserve, male Belarusian citizens who by the draft date will have turned 18 and have no right of deferral from conscription, conscription-age citizens who have lost the right of deferral, and for service in reserve, citizens from among first-year students of agriculture, who have the right of deferral in order to continue their studies but have expressed their wish to participate in such service," the statement said.
The decree would enable central government, local executive and regulatory authorities to carry out the necessary recruitment procedures on time.
"The Decree also provides for the demobilization of conscripts who have completed the established period of military service," the statement said.