- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Lukashenko signs decree on military conscription, service in reserve
MINSK. Jan 24 (Interfax) – Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko on Tuesday signed Decree N19, entitled "On the demobilization and conscription to fixed-term military service and service in reserve," his press service said.
"The document envisions to call up, in February-May 2023, for fixed-term military service, and service in reserve, male Belarusian citizens who by the draft date will have turned 18 and have no right of deferral from conscription, conscription-age citizens who have lost the right of deferral, and for service in reserve, citizens from among first-year students of agriculture, who have the right of deferral in order to continue their studies but have expressed their wish to participate in such service," the statement said.
The decree would enable central government, local executive and regulatory authorities to carry out the necessary recruitment procedures on time.
"The Decree also provides for the demobilization of conscripts who have completed the established period of military service," the statement said.