- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Long-term leader of Ukrainian truck market MAZ leaves group of leaders in April – AUTO-Consulting
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Sales in Ukraine of new trucks with a gross weight of more than 3.5 tonnes in April of this year decreased by 67% compared to April 2021, while Ford trucks became the market leader with a 24% share, AUTO-Consulting reports.
According to a report on the website of the information and analytical group, the war has rapidly changed the attitude of Ukrainian consumers to the choice of trucks.
"The former leader of the Ukrainian market, the Belarusian MAZ, ceased to lead the popularity rating among consumers back in March, and finally left the group of leaders in April," the group reports.
The top three in April included MAN (12%) and IVECO (10%).
Experts state that there is a demand for trucks in the country, and almost all dealers have resumed sales of vehicles. Deliveries of new batches of trucks have also resumed.
In April, the bus market also restored, with the Ukrainian Ataman as the leader.
As reported, in 2021 the Belarusian MAZ became the leader of the Ukrainian market of trucks with a gross weight of more than 3.5 tonnes with a share of 21.5%, having sold more than 1,000 vehicles, which is 29% more than a year earlier (with the growth of this market by 30%).