- Vereschuk: About ten children currently remain in Bakhmut 22.03.2023
- UK announces deliberately false information spreading by Russia on tank shells containing depleted uranium – media 22.03.2023
- Rada proposes banning persons who damaged Ukraine’s defense capability to govern the state 22.03.2023
- Sappers from AFU start training in Lithuania 22.03.2023
- Death toll of drone attacks in Rzhyschiv increases to seven – regional police head 22.03.2023
London exploring possibility of transferring British fighter jets to Ukraine – media
KYIV. Feb 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – London is considering the option of supplying British fighters to Ukraine, The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing an unnamed representative of the British government.
The ezine says that Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Rishi Sunak, instructed the Minister of Defense to find out whether Britain can supply fighter jets, a government representative said.
At the same time, the source of the publication stressed that the authorities have not yet made a decision regarding possible deliveries of fighters, and that the first thing to do is to train Ukrainian pilots to use them. He clarified that the learning process will begin in the spring and will take time.
The Wall Street Journal recalls that such statements were made against the background of a visit to London by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Earlier on Wednesday, Downing Street reported that the UK would be ready, if Kyiv needs it, to begin training Ukrainian military pilots.
In a statement, the office of the British Prime Minister also said that Sunak, during negotiations with Zelensky, will offer to immediately start a program to train marines.