- Uzbekistan, Afghanistan could discuss power line, railroad construction projects 16.10.2021
- Zelensky instructs to consider issue of increasing prison term for smugglers to 20 years – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Russia records all-time high of COVID-19 cases, deaths, 33,308 and 1,002 – coronavirus response HQ 16.10.2021
- Ukraine's defense plan approves by NSDC is classified, it to be implemented in case of war – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
Lavrov avoids meeting of Normandy format FMs – Kuleba
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ukrainian side has not yet received signals from the Russian Federation about its readiness for a meeting of foreign ministers of the countries of the Normandy format, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has said.
"If indeed the result of the last conversation between the President of France and the Chancellor of Germany with the President of Russia is still a clear instruction from President Putin to Minister Lavrov to take part in the ministerial meeting, and he will do this, and not again find a reason to avoid this meeting, I will be glad, I am ready for this conversation. Therefore, we are waiting for a signal from Moscow. So far, we have not received any signals. As soon as they are determined there, we will be ready to hold such a meeting," Kuleba said at an online briefing on Wednesday.
He noted that Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov avoids a meeting of ministers in every possible way. "During this year, either a German colleague or a French colleague contacted me several times and asked if I was ready for a meeting in the Normandy format at the level of foreign ministers, and each time I immediately told them I was ‘ready.’ But each time this meeting did not take place due to the fact that Minister Lavrov avoids it in every possible way," Kuleba explained.