- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Kyiv police open case in connection with non-admission of Culture Ministry’s commission to Lavra
KYIV. April 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Kyiv police opened criminal proceedings under the article on the illegal maintenance of religious shrines in connection with the non-admission of the commission of the Ministry of Culture to the territory of the Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, the metropolitan police reported.
“According to the statement of the commission of the Ministry of Culture on non-admission to the territory of the Lavra, criminal proceedings have been opened under Article 179 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (illegal maintenance, desecration or destruction of religious shrines),” the metropolitan police headquarters told Interfax-Ukraine.
Earlier, the commission of the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine on the acceptance and transfer of state property of Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, after not being allowed to conduct an inspection, announced its intention to contact the police, as well as file a lawsuit regarding the removal of obstacles to the use of the property.