- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Kyiv increases revenues from tourist tax by 34% in nine months – Kyiv authorities
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Revenues from tourist tax to the capital’s budget in January-September 2021 amounted to UAH 46.6 million, which is 34% or UAH 11.9 million more than in the same period last year, the press service of the Kyiv City State Administration reported.
"The difference in tourist tax collection rates this year compared to last year indicates that the tourism sector has learned to work in new conditions and is already emerging from the crisis caused by the pandemic. The opening of new tourist destinations, in particular from Saudi Arabia, is also important," the message quotes deputy head of the Kyiv City State Administration Maryna Honda.
According to her, over 500,000 foreign tourists have visited Kyiv in nine months, and most of them come from the U.S., Israel, Turkey, Belarus and Germany. In addition, 1.2 million domestic tourists visited the capital.