- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Kyiv fully restores work of ground electric transport – Kyiv administration
KYIV. Feb 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Kyiv has fully restored the operation of ground electric transport after a 56-day break due to a shortage of energy supply as a result of Russian strikes on the energy system, Kyiv City Military Administration reports.
“Today, all the electric transport of the capital has returned to its routes. Now 286 vehicles operate on 46 trolleybus routes, and 195 on 32 tram routes,” the report says.
“We have overcome a severe transport crisis. Restoring a stable life in the capital of Ukraine is another small but important step towards our future victory,” said Serhiy Popko, the head of the administration.
“The effective work of the city authorities, power engineers and repair teams has practically restored the stability of the energy infrastructure of Kyiv. This allowed the city to gradually return to the resumption of the movement of urban ground electric transport,” the report says.
According to the administration, in recent days, separate lines of trams and trolleybuses have been launched alternately.
On December 23, 2022, due to a shortage of electricity, the work of the ground electric transport of the capital (trams and trolleybuses) was stopped. Buses operated on the routes of ground electric transport.
In total, the capital lived without electric transport for 56 days.