- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Kuleba: Significant part of Ukraine's security guarantees already provided
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – While discussions are underway on how to fix Ukraine’s security guarantees on paper, a significant part of the guarantees is already being provided, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has said.
"Negotiations are in an active phase. I will not disclose details, but we see the support of partners not only in word, but also in deed. Frankly speaking, while we are discussing how to fix it all on paper, a significant part of the guarantees is already being provided, already being implemented in the form of providing Ukraine with all the necessary military weapons, transferring the Ukrainian army to NATO standards, imposing sanctions against Russia and other issues. But this is only part of the potential guarantees, we are working on the rest," Kuleba said at a press conference with the foreign ministers of Lithuania and Latvia and Estonia in Kyiv on Friday, answering a question from Interfax-Ukraine.
He said Ukraine and its partners are currently undergoing very intensive consultations on issues of security guarantees for Ukraine.
"Huge work in this area is being carried out by Head of the President’s Office of Ukraine Andriy Yermak through the line of advisers on national security issues to the heads of state and government of other countries. As a minister, I am negotiating on the track of the ministries of foreign affairs of the respective countries. We all work with one goal – to reach a package of security guarantees that our partners can provide us as soon as possible," Kuleba said.