- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Kuleba calls on Ukraine's partners to start training Ukrainian pilots without taking on additional obligations now
KYIV. Feb 18 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba called on partners who could potentially send fighter jets to Ukraine to start training Ukrainian pilots, without announcing other obligations now.
“I will take a chance, but I will say that Ukraine will receive aircraft: this is a matter of time and procedures. It will take longer than tanks. We understand this,” Kuleba said at a briefing on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference on Saturday.
He said pilot training is the first step. In the case of tanks, as the minister explained, a lot of time was wasted because of the first announced decision on deliveries, and then on the training of the military.
“Now we offer the opposite. This is our request to all our friends who can potentially share aircraft with Ukraine: start training as soon as possible, without assuming any additional obligations right now,” Kuleba said.