- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Kremlin says Russia ready to maintain gas transit via Ukraine if Kyiv makes competitive offers
MOSCOW. Oct 13 (Interfax) – Russia is ready to maintain gas transit via Ukraine if Kyiv comes up with competitive offers, Dmitry Peskov, the Russian president’s spokesman, told reporters.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Tuesday that it was important for Ukraine to preserve transit of Russian gas in order not to lose money.
"In this case, of course, the gas buyers, gas buyers in Europe, European companies are Kyiv’s addressees. It is these companies that can conclude new long-term agreements with the Russian monopoly with increased volumes, given the growing demand for gas," Peskov said.
Peskov said that in order to transport something across Ukraine there has to be somebody to buy it, "namely our customers in Europe."
In that case Russia will be ready to fulfill new contracts. "Of course, we do this anyway. The president has said on several occasions that all of this will go on working if they continue to buy gas, if contracts increase and of course if Ukraine comes up with competitive commercial offers," he said.