- Ukraine offers Europe additional transit of 55 billion cubic meters of gas at discount – NSDC secretary 23.10.2021
- Law enforcers inform two persons of suspicion of attempted arson of house of dpty head of President's Office 23.10.2021
- Rivne, Mykolaiv regions enter 'red' zone for COVID-19 from Oct 26 – State Commission 23.10.2021
- Ukraine receives 3rd shipment of military aid from U.S. govt 23.10.2021
- Zelensky approves Concept of reforming State Service for Special Communication 23.10.2021
Jailed Saakashvili calls on his supporters for decisive action
TBILISI. Oct 12 (Interfax) – Former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has called on his supporters to take decisive action in his latest letter from his jail cell.
"The unlawful, oppressive, and evil regime laughs at and mistreats us every day. We must counter this abuse of society with decisive action, such as fighting for the protection of votes in all regions, documenting instances of bribery and intimidation of voters by the authorities, and holding rallies outside polling stations and courts," Saakashvili said in a letter which his lawyer Dimitri Sadzaglishvili read out to journalists.
As many people as possible must attend the opposition rally in Tbilisi on October 14, Saakashvili said.
"We must show everyone that our society has dignity. Despite the daily worsening of my health, I will not cease my hunger strike under any circumstances," he said.