- NSDC sanctions to cover over 3,600 individuals, legal entities including Putin's children, relatives, oligarchs – Economy Ministry 01.10.2022
- Italy's Eni said Gazprom did not confirm to it gas supplies through Austria on Oct 1 01.10.2022
- Twenty two people, including 10 children, killed in car convoy shot by invaders in Kupiansk district of Kharkiv region – updated data of PGO 01.10.2022
- Georgia will never recognize pseudo-referendums on Ukrainian territories – MFA 01.10.2022
- Twenty four people, including 13 children, one pregnant woman, died in enemy shelling of convoy near Kurylivka in Kharkiv region 01.10.2022
Italy to support Ukraine regardless of results of parliamentary elections – Defense Minister
KYIV. Sept 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Italian Defense Minister Lorenzo Guerini says that his country will continue to support Ukraine in the fight against the aggressor regardless of the results of the elections to the Italian parliament, which will be held next Sunday, September 25, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine said on Friday.
"We will have elections this week. But what I can tell you very responsibly is that whatever the result of these elections, Italy is and will always remain close to Ukraine," Guerini said after a meeting with Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov.
He also added that the main thing is to achieve a just peace as soon as possible, built on the principles of international law and respect for the sovereignty of Ukraine.
"Your resistance is an example for all of us. Your struggle for freedom is also our struggle," Guerini stressed.
During the meeting, the parties discussed in detail the issues of providing Ukraine with further support in the fight against the occupiers.
"We discussed in great detail today the aid packages that the people of Italy are providing us in order for Ukraine to survive in this war. Of course, we will not disclose the details of this assistance, but I can say that these will be very effective and necessary things for the Armed Forces of Ukraine," Reznikov said.