- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Iran doesn’t recognize annexation of Ukrainian territories by Russia, adheres to principle of territorial integrity of countries within internationally recognized borders – FM
KYIV. Jan 19 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Iran does not recognize Russia’s annexation and seizure of Ukrainian territories, in particular Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions, Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian has said.
In an interview with the TRT World, he said that Tehran adheres to the principle of sovereignty and territorial integrity of countries within their internationally recognized borders.
In this regard, according to the minister, Iran, even having "excellent relations with Moscow," does not recognize Russia’s attempt to annex a number of Ukrainian regions, in particular Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk regions.
"We do not recognize the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine … We do not recognize the separation of Luhansk and Donetsk regions from Ukraine, because we insist on our permanent principle in international politics," the Iranian Foreign Minister stressed.
At the same time, he said that Tehran opposes the war in Ukraine and does not consider it a "solution to the problem.”
"We believe that our position is a fundamental political principle, and we rely on it," the minister summed up.