- Occupants fire at point of distribution of humanitarian aid in Kherson, wounding two people – administration 25.03.2023
- Zelenskyy congratulates SBU officers on their professional holiday 25.03.2023
- Most SOEs to be transferred to management of State Property Fund – Shmyhal 25.03.2023
- Some 20 countries already join strengthening of defence support to Ukraine – Kuleba 25.03.2023
- Invaders shift operational focus from Bakhmut to Avdiyivka, Kreminna-Svatove, return to defense – British intelligence 25.03.2023
Invaders' shelling leads to blackout in five regions of Ukraine on Friday – Ukrenergo
KYIV. Feb 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Damage to the grids of distribution system operators caused by the shelling of Russian invaders led to a blackout in the frontline areas of Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Kherson regions and the border areas of Sumy and Chernihiv regions, NPC Ukrenergo reported.
As noted in the company’s daily update on the Telegram channel, there is no heat supply in Kherson as a result of shelling and an accident at a thermal power plant.
“Where the situation allows, repair work is being carried out,” the company stressed.
At the same time, according to Ukrenergo, the overall situation in the energy system is stable: there is no shortage of power and it is not yet predicted, all types of power plants are operating, and electricity imports continue to decline due to the stabilization of electricity supply in the country.
At the same time, the company noted that in Odesa, due to significant damage to the energy infrastructure, grid restrictions are still in effect, therefore hourly outage schedules are applied.
Other regions were not provided with consumption limits due to the lack of power shortages in the energy system.
At the same time, the company assured that the repair teams of Ukrenergo are working hard to eliminate restrictions in Odesa, and are also carrying out emergency and restoration work at all other damaged facilities of the company.