- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Invaders conduct unsuccessful offensive operation in Zaporizhia region – ISW
KYIV. Jan 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Russian occupation forces probably conducted an unsuccessful offensive operation in Zaporizhia region over the past 72 hours, according to the report of the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) for January 23.
“Russian forces have not made any confirmed territorial gains in Zaporizhia region despite one Russian occupation official’s continued claims. The occupation official may be pushing a narrative of Russian tactical successes in Zaporizhia region to generate positive narratives to distract Russians from the lack of promised progress in Bakhmut,” the report reads.
According to analysts, over the past day, Russian troops continued limited counterattacks to restore lost positions on Svatove-Kreminna line in Luhansk region. Also, the occupiers continued ground attacks in the area of Bakhmut and on the western outskirts of Donetsk.
The Ukrainian forces, in turn, struck the areas of concentration of Russian troops in the occupied Luhansk region, ISW reported.