- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
International Gas Union suspends Russia
MOSCOW. May 6 (Interfax) – The International Gas Union, of which Gazprom is a member, has suspended, until further notice, any participation by Russian Federation entities in its activities.
A representative of the International Gas Congress, which the IGU holds, told Interfax that in connection with the Korean Gas Union, which hosts this year’s IGC, "cannot engage the further participation of RF entities in IGC-2022, for speaking, for the participation of delegations or for involvement in the exhibition or sponsorship."
Interfax journalists will not be accredited.
Russia’s largest gas industry players, players, Gazprom and Novatek, have always taken part in the IGC. Their heads, Alexei Miller and Leonid Mikhelson, were due to speak at the speakers of the congress in Korea. The companies have usually set up stands at exhibitions where they have held talks with international partners.
Gazprom planned to spend 137 million rubles on its stand at this year’s congress, according to an information for a now canceled procurement order. Novatek also planned to build a stand.
IGU members include 160 gas industry associations and corporations representing more than 95% of the world’s gas market.