- Zelensky advocates Ukraine's accession to Istanbul Convention 30.11.2021
- MPs pass amendment to 'resource' bill canceling transfer of taxation of poultry farming to general system 30.11.2021
- Shmyhal believes EU, Associated Trio countries should combine expertise to combat health threats 30.11.2021
- NATO FMs discuss possibility of new sanctions against Russia over Ukraine – Stoltenberg 30.11.2021
- Blinken, Stoltenberg warn of serious consequences in case of Russia's aggressive actions against Ukraine 30.11.2021
Interior Ministry proposes to create Situation Center for satellite monitoring for early detection of forest fires
KYIV. Nov 26 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine proposes to improve the approach to liquidating emergencies, in particular forest fires, by creating a Situation Center for Satellite Monitoring, Deputy Interior Minister Serhiy Honcharov said, according to the press service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
"The Minister of Internal Affairs Denys Monastyrsky announced the creation of a European aviation hub, the main idea of which is to expand the capabilities to fight forest fires. We must not only counteract, but also predict the occurrence of such emergencies. That is why the Ministry of Internal Affairs proposes to create a Situation Center for Satellite Monitoring, which will detect forest fires at an early stage, take thermal satellite images and monitor the situation not only in Ukraine, but also on the territory of other European states (at their request)," Honcharov said during the Great Construction: Aviation. Tourism forum on Thursday at Boryspil International Airport.
He also said that increasing the number of fire-fighting aircraft remains an important issue.
"Currently, the State Emergency Service has four An 32p aircraft that operate in high altitude conditions, take off from unequipped runways and can carry eight tonnes of water for firefighting. We plan to increase their number by 2028 in order to be able to fight fires and help other countries. By the end of this year, we expect to sign a contract with Antonov State Enterprise for the purchase of one more aircraft," Honcharov said.