- Ukraine, Azerbaijan sign declaration to implement projects in areas of mutual interest of states 15.01.2022
- G7 support Ukraine in connection with cyberattack committed against it 15.01.2022
- Germany’s providing weapons to Ukraine needs to be viewed due to new threats – Ambassador Melnyk 15.01.2022
- U.S., France discuss measures to support Ukraine after cyberattack on govt websites – U.S. Department of State 15.01.2022
- Zelensky appoints new Ukrainian ambassador to Lithuania 14.01.2022
In Donetsk region, armed groups deny OSCE SMM observers passage – mission report
KYIV. Jan 7 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In Donetsk region, armed formation did not allow the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to enter government-controlled areas, according to OSCE SMM Daily Report No. 3/2022, dated January 6.
“At a checkpoint in Staromykhailivka [non-government-controlled, 15km west of Donetsk], two armed members of the armed formations denied the SMM passage further west into the settlement. While at the checkpoint, the Mission saw civilians on foot passing through,” the report reads.
In addition, the SMM reported that Russian mercenaries jammed a Mission’s unmanned aerial vehicle in Luhansk region.
“A SMM mini-unmanned aerial vehicle [UAV] experienced GPS signal interference assessed as caused by probable jamming while flying over areas near Stepove [non-government controlled, 27km west of Luhansk],” the Mission said.
In total, the report indicates 85 ceasefire violations in Donetsk region (including five explosions) and 58 violations in Luhansk region (including four explosions).