- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Implementation of law On National Resistance considered at Supreme Commander-in-Chief’s HQ – Zelensky
KYIV. Jan 20 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has held a meeting of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief’s Headquarters on Thursday.
“A few hours ago, I held a regular meeting of the Staff. New members of the meeting were involved. In particular, Acting Minister of Internal Affairs, Head of the National Police of Ukraine Ihor Klymenko. He is in control of everything that depends on the Ministry of Internal Affairs system in terms of our defense and security,” the president said in his video address on Thursday night.
Also, according to him, the heads of some regional military administrations also took part in the meeting of the Staff to report on the implementation of the law on national resistance. These are the Volyn, Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhia and Odesa regional military administrations. “I think the reason for such geography is clear,” Zelensky said.
Of course, the Commander-in-Chief and the commander of the hottest operational direction at the front – Khortytsia – reported to the Staff.
“We are taking appropriate steps to strengthen our units in the battle for Donbas,” the president said.