- One should not look for soft synonyms for war crimes – Podoliak 27.03.2023
- Zelenskyy: Dozens of apartments in two houses in Zaporizhia, affected by Russia’s rocket attack on March 22, not suitable for living 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: We start discussion with UK Parliament on recognizing Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people 27.03.2023
- Defense forces attack 10 places of concentration of invaders in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: It's time for UK to become leader of ‘air coalition’ 27.03.2023
IAEA director general says has intensified consultations on ZNPP safety and security zone
BERLIN. March 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Grossi told the Board of Governors on Monday that he has intensified consultations on establishing a Nuclear Safety and Security Protection Zone (NSSPZ) around the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant (NPP).
“The situation at Zaporizhia NPP underscores the urgent need to establish a nuclear safety and security protection zone at the site. I have intensified my consultations with both parties and rely on your continued active support to achieve this important measure without further delay,” Grossi said in a statement.
The Zaporizhia NPP, the largest nuclear power plant in Europe operating six VVER-1000 units, is occupied by Russia.