- Ukraine reduces steel output by 93.9%, ranking 38th in Worldsteel rating, in Dec 2022 08.02.2023
- Ukraine insists on greater synchronization of sanctions regimes against Russia by EU, G7 – Svyrydenko 08.02.2023
- Ukrzaliznytsia increases transportation of iron ore by 45%, ferrous metals by 2.1 times in Jan 08.02.2023
- JIT MH17 makes public materials about Russian president's involvement in flight downing – PGO 08.02.2023
- Defense forces attack 23 places of invaders’concentration in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 08.02.2023
High Anti-Corruption Court arrests in absentia ex-head of VAB Bank supervisory board, suspected of embezzling UAH 1.2 bln
KYIV. Nov 28 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Appeal Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court satisfied the complaint of the prosecutor of the Specialized Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (SAPO) and chose a preventive measure in the form of detention for another suspect in the case of misappropriation of UAH 1.2 billion of a stabilization loan – the former chairman of the supervisory board at VAB Bank.
"After the arrest and delivery to the place of pre-trial investigation, the investigating judge will decide on the application of this measure of restraint," the press service of the SAPO said on Monday.
In October 2014, VAB Bank, classified as problem, applied to the National Bank of Ukraine to provide a stabilization loan secured by real estate, the cost of which was inflated by almost 25 times. Despite the absence of the necessary documents, the board of the National Bank nevertheless accepted the offer and illegally paid UAH 1.2 billion of a stabilization loan. These funds have not been returned, the statement said.
In November 2019, investigators from the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine reported suspicions to eight former and incumbent officials of the National Bank, PJSC VAB Bank and private sector employees involved in the implementation of this criminal scheme.
On November 10, the Appeal Chamber of the High Anti-Corruption Court chose a measure of restraint in the form of detention for former chairman of the board of VAB Bank Denys Maltsev suspected in the case of misappropriation of UAH 1.2 billion of a stabilization loan and being on the wanted list.