- SBU investigates proceedings on preparation by Ukrainians, Russians of actions aiming at seizing state power – press service 29.11.2021
- Moldova extends coronavirus state of emergency until Jan 15 29.11.2021
- SBU INVESTIGATING PROCEEDING ON PREPARATION BY UKRAINE'S, RUSSIA'S CITIZENS OF ACTION AIMED AT ACQUISITION OF STATE POWER – PRESS SERVICE 29.11.2021
- Kuleba: Ukraine takes very seriously info available to govt about potential coup, to share it with partners 29.11.2021
- UN predicts reduction in Ukraine's population to 35 mln by 2050 29.11.2021
Health Ministry applies experience of Chernivtsi region in creating epidemiology surveillance system throughout Ukraine – chief sanitary doctor
KYIV. Nov 26 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Health of Ukraine is spreading the experience of Chernivtsi region in creating a system for surveillance and detection of COVID-19 throughout Ukraine, chief sanitary doctor Ihor Kuzin has said.
"Such experience will be spread throughout the country. On August 2, a separate decree was issued by the chief state sanitary doctor approving the procedure for conducting epidemiological investigation and contact persons. This is the experience of Chernivtsi region extended to the territory of all other regions," he said in an interview with Interfax-Ukraine.
At the same time, he explained that now one of the best surveillance systems is operating in Chernivtsi region, there is a fairly powerful network of the Center for Disease Prevention Control and its separate subdivisions. "This is the only region where practically all pilot projects on the response and preparedness system operate," Kuzin said.
The chief sanitary doctor clarified that in this region there is indeed a full-fledged tracking of contacts by epidemiologists, there is even its own information system, which is maintained by WHO and allows in a semi-automatic mode to record all contacts of a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
According to Kuzin, in Chernivtsi region, the effectiveness of the anti-epidemic service is much higher, "therefore, they detect and 100% of cases should be detected there, even if they are asymptomatic."