- Zaluzhny, Commander-in-Chief of NATO Air Force in Europe Cavoli discuss defense issues 29.03.2023
- Ukrainian aviation carry out five strikes on areas of concentration of Russian occupiers in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 29.03.2023
- AFU General Staff: Russian invaders continue to build fortifications in temporarily occupied Crimea 29.03.2023
- Russian military trying to arrange provocations on Ukrainian-Belarusian border – SBU interception 29.03.2023
- Olena Kondratiuk calls on President, deputies of Slovak Parliament to become ambassadors for return of Ukrainian children 29.03.2023
Head of State Property Fund inspects readiness of ZAlK for privatization
KYIV. March 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of the State Property Fund (SPF) of Ukraine Rustem Umerov inspected the readiness of Zaporizhia Aluminum Production Plant (ZAlK) for privatization.
According to a press release from the Fund, the head of the SPF made a working visit to ZAlK as part of the preparation of state-owned enterprises for the resumption of large-scale privatization.
During the visit, Umerov, together with the general director of the plant, Serhiy Pavlenko, got acquainted in detail with the work of the enterprise. They toured the main production sites, including the wire rod shop, electrolysis and silicon shops, as well as other shops.
During his visit to the enterprise, Umerov discussed the readiness of the enterprise for privatization.
“Ukraine has a strong potential in the production of aluminum, but without private investment in the development of the industry, it will not be fully realized. The privatization of the plant can bring great benefits to the state. The new owner invests in the development of the enterprise, which will increase its productivity, as well as provide new workers places,” the head of the SPF said.
ZAlK used to be the only producer of primary aluminum in Ukraine.