- One should not look for soft synonyms for war crimes – Podoliak 27.03.2023
- Zelenskyy: Dozens of apartments in two houses in Zaporizhia, affected by Russia’s rocket attack on March 22, not suitable for living 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: We start discussion with UK Parliament on recognizing Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people 27.03.2023
- Defense forces attack 10 places of concentration of invaders in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: It's time for UK to become leader of ‘air coalition’ 27.03.2023
Head of European Parliament Roberta Metsola arrives in Ukraine
KYIV. March 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Head of the European Parliament Roberta Metsola arrived in Ukraine late Friday evening.
“Good to be back in Ukraine. With those brave people who inspired the world. With those heroes who refuse to give in. With those who sacrificed everything for our values. With Europeans whose home is in our European Union,” Metsola wrote on Twitter on Saturday night.
“Ukraine’s future is as a member of the European Union,” she stressed.
Metsola also met with Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Ruslan Stefanchuk.
“Great seeing my friend Ruslan Stefanchuk again. Cooperation between the European and Ukrainian Parliaments will only grow stronger,” the head of the European Parliament said.
In turn, Stefanchuk stressed that the European Parliament is undoubtedly at the forefront of Ukraine’s support.
The MP added that during the meeting the parties discussed sanctions against the Russian Federation, noting that “all opportunities to circumvent restrictions should be stopped.”
Stefanchuk also thanked the European Union for financial support, for macro-financial assistance.
In addition, the head of the Ukrainian parliament raised the topic of China’s proposals for the so-called “peace treaty.”
“I emphasized that there is a peace formula proposed by President of Ukraine Zelenskyy. And we call on the world to support this initiative,” Stefanchuk summed up.