- Cost of housing construction under ‘Biden’ project will be $750/sq m – Academy of Construction 17.06.2022
- Ukraine’s Construction Academy offers format of 8-apartment buildings for rapid housing construction 27.05.2022
- Fund for Reconstruction, Development of Ukraine plans to create rehabilitation center for civilians, military persons in country’s west 27.05.2022
- Mobile hospitals can temporarily replace destroyed ones – opinion 27.05.2022
- KNUCA to prepare bachelors under reduced three-year program 27.05.2022
Guardian insurer increases collection of gross premiums by 81%, net by 88% in 2021
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Guardian insurance company (Kyiv) collected UAH 671.5 million in gross insurance premiums in 2021, which is 80.84% more than in 2020, the Expert Rating agency reported.
According to the agency’s website, the agency updated the financial reliability rating of the insurer at the level of "uaAA" on the national scale, based on the results of an analysis of its activities for 2021.
The insurer’s net premiums increased by 88%, to UAH 610.43 million.
In 2021, compared to 2020, part of insurance premiums due to reinsurers increased by 30.96%, and their share in the structure of gross premiums of the insurer decreased by 3.47 p.p., to 9.09%.
Last year, the company paid out UAH 145.707 million to customers, which is 52.3% more than in 2020. The level of payments to Guardian in 2021 decreased to 21.70%, which is 3.86 p.p. less than in 2020.
The company’s equity capital for 2021 increased by 23.65%, to UAH 148.83 million. The growth of equity in the analyzed period occurred due to an increase in the volume of retained earnings in its structure, which increased by UAH 27.3 million.
Gross liabilities of Guardian as of December 31, 2021 increased by 43.26%, to UAH 320.2 million. As a result, the ratio between equity and liabilities decreased by 7.37 percentage points – to 46.48%, which indicates an acceptable level of coverage of the insurer’s obligations by equity capital as of the beginning of 2022, the report notes.
Guardian is a member of the presidium of the League of Insurance Organizations of Ukraine. Since January 2020, it has received the status of a full member of the MTIBU, has the right to sell Green Card policies.