- Zelensky advocates Ukraine's accession to Istanbul Convention 30.11.2021
- MPs pass amendment to 'resource' bill canceling transfer of taxation of poultry farming to general system 30.11.2021
- Shmyhal believes EU, Associated Trio countries should combine expertise to combat health threats 30.11.2021
- NATO FMs discuss possibility of new sanctions against Russia over Ukraine – Stoltenberg 30.11.2021
- Blinken, Stoltenberg warn of serious consequences in case of Russia's aggressive actions against Ukraine 30.11.2021
Govt launches work of BES – order
KYIV. Nov 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Cabinet of Ministers published on the Uriadovy portal decree No. 1493-r On the start of the Bureau of Economic Security, which launches the work of a new body, but the BES indicates a delay in the allocation of premises.
"To agree with the proposal of the BES on the beginning of its activities and the possibility of the said Bureau to fulfill the functions and tasks of countering offenses encroaching on the functioning of the state’s economy," the decree of November 24 said.
As of November 25, the headquarters is staffed at more than 30% of the headcount, according to the Bureau’s release on Thursday. This makes it possible to launch the analytical and law enforcement function of the Bureau.
"Despite the decision to officially launch the work of the Bureau, the agency has not yet been allocated specially equipped premises and buildings, which may lead to a delay in the transfer of existing criminal proceedings to the BES from the law enforcers who are losing the functions of investigating economic offenses," the press service of the Bureau said.