- Chinese Foreign Ministry: ICC issuing arrest warrant against Putin, should 'avoid politicization and double standards' 20.03.2023
- Four servicemen killed during shootings in military unit of Chernihiv region; proceedings being launched – SBI 20.03.2023
- Kharkiv region's SBU department ex-head Dudin to stand trial on charges of treason – SBI 20.03.2023
- Ukrainian FM urges EU ministers to increase supply of weapons, artillery shells to Ukraine 20.03.2023
- No negotiations with current Russian elite after ICC judgement – Podoliak 20.03.2023
Govt appoints Kryvonos as NABU director
(Paragraphs 4-5 have been added)
KYIV. March 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has appointed Head of the State Urban Planning Inspection of Ukraine Semen Kryvonos to the post of Director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU).
In particular, such a decision was made at the Monday extraordinary government session.
In addition to Kryvonos, the candidacies of Seriy Hupiak and Roman Osypchuk were considered at the government session, who were also transferred to the government based on the results of the competition.
“Having received all the necessary materials from the selection committee, the government carefully reviewed these materials for each candidate, held a personal acquaintance with each candidate on an equal footing,” Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal said.
The prime minister said that with this appointment, Ukraine has fulfilled all seven recommendations that were put forward when obtaining the status of a candidate for EU membership, and has also fully formed an anti-corruption infrastructure.