- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Germany’s providing weapons to Ukraine needs to be viewed due to new threats – Ambassador Melnyk
KYIV. Jan 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Germany’s providing defense weapons to Ukraine should be considered against the backdrop of new threats, Ukrainian Ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk has said.
“The very provision of defense weapons by Germany to Ukraine was the focus of a frank conversation with Minister of State of the German Federal Foreign Office Tobias Lindner. It’s time to consider this approach against the backdrop of a new threat,” Melnyk said on Twitter.
According to him, the Green Party, like the Social Democrats, still takes a skeptical position.
In turn, Tobias Lindner said that he discussed with Ambassador Melnyk the state of bilateral relations, the coalition agreement and the security situation in the region.