- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
German chancellor's visit to Ukraine on May 9 would be powerful step – Zelensky at Chatham House
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The visit of Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz to Ukraine on the day of the victory over Nazism in the Second World War on May 9 would be a powerful step, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky believes.
Speaking in a video link to the participants of the Chatham House analytical center, the head of state said he had repeatedly invited Scholz to come to Ukraine.
"Such a visit on May 9 would be a powerful step," Zelensky said, adding that he had spoken with German Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier the day before, who was also invited to pay a visit.
"Ukraine is open. Although today, when we have a war, our door is not open, because we do not have a door. Come in and support us," he said.