- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
- Saakashvili critics holding rally outside Rustavi jail 16.10.2021
- Nothing indicates possible change of Defense Minister soon – president's press secretary 16.10.2021
- Ukraine records 12,983 new COVID-19 cases per day, 5,874 recovered, 277 died – ministry 16.10.2021
- NSDC approves strategy of Ukraine's biosafety, biosecurity – Danilov 16.10.2021
General Staff chief, reps of defense attaché offices of Ukraine's partner countries discuss cooperation issues
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Serhiy Shaptala, at a meeting with representatives of the defense attaché offices of Ukraine’s partner countries in the Quint format (USA, Canada, Great Britain, Lithuania and Poland) discussed the state and prospects of reforming and transforming the Ukrainian Armed Forces, as well as the need for support from foreign partners.
"The Armed Forces of Ukraine are grateful for the significant contribution of each of the participating countries of the multinational joint coordinating committee on military cooperation and defense reform for assistance in implementing Ukraine’s foreign policy and efforts in reforming the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Modern and effective Armed Forces are the guarantor of not only the protection of Ukrainian statehood, but all of Europe," the General Staff’s press service quoted Shaptala as saying.
He outlined the priorities for the further development of the Armed Forces and the priority tasks to achieve an appropriate level of compatibility with the units of the member states. At the same time, the Chief of the General Staff noted that the primary task of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is to localize the Russian armed aggression and prevent its spread deep into the territory of Ukraine.
According to the General Staff, representatives of the attaché offices of the five countries expressed unanimous support for the efforts undertaken by the leadership of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the transformation of the Ukrainian army.