- HCJ Ethics Council holds first meeting: first sections of regulations approved, leadership elected 01.12.2021
- Some 30 years passed since referendum on Ukraine's independence 01.12.2021
- Ukrainian political prisoner Ivan Yatskin goes on hunger strike – attorney 01.12.2021
- SBU verifies info on possible coup preparations – Venediktova 01.12.2021
- NATO countries respond to Ukraine's call to contain Russia – Kuleba 01.12.2021
Fulfillment of Minsk Agreements to be best security guarantee for Ukraine – Peskov
MOSCOW. Nov 23 (Interfax) – The fulfillment of the Minsk Agreements regarding settlement in southeastern Ukraine would be the best security guarantee for Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
Journalists asked Peskov on Tuesday what security guarantees Russia could offer Ukraine. "Clearly, the best security guarantee is the fulfillment of the Minsk Agreements, because the lack of progress in their implementation is a significant irritant and trigger that causes an escalation of tensions in all of Europe, and this an obvious fact," he said.
Peskov noted that he meant the resumption of substantive negotiations between the conflicting sides. "This is about the topic of substantive negotiations, and everything should be discussed by all countries in the course of direct dialogue," he said.
As to whether he meant negotiations in the Russia-Ukraine-West format, Peskov said, "The modalities will be determined by the Foreign Ministry. That’s the ministry that has received instructions from the president. Modalities will be considered and actualized."