- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
France refuses to host Fencing World Cup stage due to admission of Russians, Belarusians
KYIV. March 31 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The French Fencing Federation has cancelled the home stage of the World Cup in epee competitions due to the admission of representatives of Russia and Belarus to international competitions.
“Due to the inability to fulfil the requirements of the International Fencing Federation for the admission of Russian and Belarusian athletes (…), the French Fencing Federation regrets to announce the cancellation of the Challenge Monal in 2023,” the organization said on its website.
The Challenge Monal, the French round of the World Cup, was scheduled to take place in Saint-Maur-de-Fosse from May 19 to May 21.
Earlier, for a similar reason, the German Fencing Federation announced its refusal to host the Women’s Fencing World Cup.