- Rada approves support for newly created farms, young farmers 24.09.2021
- Issue of interference in independence of judges considering cases on armed conflict in Donbas becomes less pressing – survey 24.09.2021
- Kyiv working to provide 4G coverage throughout city 24.09.2021
- Ukrenergo first certifies energy storage system at Zaporizhia TPP 24.09.2021
- About 100 more Ukrainians want to leave Afghanistan – MFA 24.09.2021
Fozzy Group opens 49 new FMCG stores, Kolo – 41, ATB – 39 stores in H1 2021 – study
KYIV. Sept 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Fozzy Group in January-June 2021 became the leader in the opening of FMCG stores (fast moving consumer goods) with 49 new retail outlets, followed by the Kolo and ATB chains.
According to the Association of Retailers of Ukraine, with reference to a study by GT Partners Ukraine, ATB dropped to the third place with 39 new stores, while over the same period last year, the chain opened 56 points, taking first place among retailers in terms of new facilities opening.
Fozzy Group managed to significantly increase the number of new stores by purchasing the Furshet chain, the report noted. Last year, in the six months, the group opened a total of 17 new grocery facilities.
The top five also includes the Vinnytsia chain Domashny Market (33 more stores), as well as Myasomarket of MHP agricultural holding (32 more).
Most of all new grocery stores in the first half of the year were launched in Kyiv (24.8%) and in the west of Ukraine (24.6%). The activity of retailers in the east of Ukraine has significantly decreased (11.6% versus 22.6% last year).