- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Foundations for Ukraine's reconstruction must be laid today to avoid further humanitarian suffering – ICRC president
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The foundations for the reconstruction of Ukraine must be laid today to avoid further humanitarian suffering, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer has said.
"The foundations for reconstruction in Ukraine must be laid today to avoid further humanitarian suffering. Service is vital to the survival of the civilian population. Water, electricity, healthcare must continue. Maintaining these services in the coming weeks and months will avoid the reverberating secondary impacts and mitigate further degradation in the long term," Maurer said at the High Level International Donor’s Conference for Ukraine in Warsaw on Thursday.