- Uzbekistan, Afghanistan could discuss power line, railroad construction projects 16.10.2021
- Zelensky instructs to consider issue of increasing prison term for smugglers to 20 years – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Russia records all-time high of COVID-19 cases, deaths, 33,308 and 1,002 – coronavirus response HQ 16.10.2021
- Ukraine's defense plan approves by NSDC is classified, it to be implemented in case of war – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
First McDonald's near highway opened in Kyiv region near Boryspil
KYIV. Oct 8 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The first McDonald’s fast food restaurant in Ukraine, located on the highway, has opened in the village of Hora at 6, Boryspilska Street in Kyiv region, the chain’s press service has reported.
According to a press release, the new one-story restaurant has 94 seats in the hall and 92 on the terrace. The restaurant includes eight self-service terminals and a MacDrive with two lines, which is the first to use a robotic beverage station.
The opening of the restaurant created 62 new jobs, the company said.
As reported, McDonald’s plans to develop a network of restaurants along highways, where two formats will be presented: a McDonald’s restaurant as a part of a gas station and a restaurant as a part of a hub, where there is not only a gas station, but also other infrastructure facilities.
The first McDonald’s in Ukraine was opened on May 24, 1997 in Kyiv. Currently, the McDonald’s chain in Ukraine has more than 100 restaurants in 24 cities.
The network is being developed by FDI McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd. According to the data of the unified public register of legal entities and sole proprietors, MCD Europe Limited (100%, London, the U.K.) is a FDI participant. The charter capital of McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd. in October 2021 is UAH 901.801 million.