- French investigators to help Ukraine with documenting crimes in Izium, identification of victims – Colonna 27.09.2022
- Zelensky, Stoltenberg discuss situation on battlefield, further support of NATO for Ukraine 27.09.2022
- Some 800 Azov fighters, incl. more than 40 women, remain in Russian captivity – patronage service 27.09.2022
- Ukraine already receiving from U.S. everything necessary to fight Iranian drones upon consent of Israel – ambassador 27.09.2022
- AFU liberate village of Koroviy Yar in Donetsk region 27.09.2022
Financing of Ukrainian national security, defense bodies carried out in full in 2021 – NSDC
KYIV. Jan 28 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The financing of the bodies of the national security and defense sector of Ukraine during January-December 2021 was carried out in full, the press service of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) reports.
It is noted that the NSDC staff, on behalf of the Secretary of the Council Oleksiy Danilov, conducted an analysis of the state of financing of the security and defense sector in 2021.
“The analysis showed that the financing of the security and defense sector of Ukraine was carried out in full and in accordance with the monthly schedule of appropriations. The total amount of financing of the security and defense sector of Ukraine amounted to UAH 265.6 billion,” the report says.
It clarifies that in comparison with 2020, the financial resource for the security and defense sector of Ukraine in 2021 was increased by UAH 16.4 million, or 6.6%.
“Proper financing of the security and defense sector of Ukraine during 2021 allowed them to ensure the fulfillment of the tasks assigned to them,” the NSDC emphasizes.
At the same time, they note that the subjects of the security and defense sector of Ukraine do not always reasonably plan expenditures from the state budget necessary to meet their needs, as well as “inefficiently and irrationally use budget funds.”
“Based on the analysis, Danilov instructed the Council’s staff, within the framework of the work of the Interdepartmental Working Group on preparing materials for the meetings of the NSDC of Ukraine, to prepare proposals on ways to solve problematic issues in the field of financial support for the security and defense sector of Ukraine, in particular, related to increasing the amount of monetary support for military personnel, enlisted and commanding officers, police officers and providing them with housing,” the NSDC said.