- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Extradition of Shariy to Ukraine is issue of time – MP
KYIV. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The extradition to Ukraine of pro-Russian blogger Anatoliy Shariy, who was detained in Spain and suspected of high treason, is a matter of time, member of the parliamentary committee on national security, defense and intelligence (Servant of the People faction), Fedir Venislavsky said.
"I am convinced that Shariy’s lawyers will appeal against all actions, so it is too optimistic to hope that he will be on the territory of Ukraine tomorrow, but I have no doubts that he will definitely end up on the territory of Ukraine and will be brought to justice," Venislavsky said on the air of the national telethon on Thursday.
The MP noted that Shariy was detained as part of international legal assistance for committing a number of crimes in Ukraine.
"Accordingly, the procedure for his extradition to Ukraine will now begin, and he will stand before a Ukrainian court and will be held liable under Ukrainian law," Venislavsky said.
As reported, a pro-Russian blogger Anatoliy Shariy, whom the SBU suspects of treason, was detained in Spain, the Ukrainian special service reported.