- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Ex-Georgian President Saakashvili contracts Covid-19 – lawyer
TBILISI. Jan 24 (Interfax) – Former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili, who is currently under arrest, has contracted coronavirus, his lawyer Shalva Khachapuridze said on Tuesday evening.
"Saakashvili’s Covid diagnosis has been confirmed," the lawyer wrote on social networks.
Khachapuridze said that all visitors to Saakhasvili’s room in the hospital where he is now staying are observing all necessary coronavirus prevention measures.
"How? We all enter his room bundled up [in personal protection gear]," the lawyer said.
He also said that Saakashvili lost consciousness once again in the hospital on Tuesday.
Representatives of the Tbilisi-based Vivamedi clinic, where Saakashvili is undergoing treatment, have not yet commented on the lawyer’s statement that the former president had been diagnosed with coronavirus. The Special Penitentiary Service of the Georgian Justice Ministry has not yet commented on this information either.