- Ukraine threshes 11.15 mln tonnes of corn – Agrarian Policy Ministry 23.10.2021
- Ukrzaliznytsia to open vaccination points against COVID-19 at railway stations in all regional centers 23.10.2021
- National Securities and Stock Market Commission approves corporate governance standards of professional participants for discussion 23.10.2021
- Rada may adopt amendments to regulations in order to avoid delaying budget process – head of budget committee 23.10.2021
- NBU not to punish credit unions for violations caused by quarantine 23.10.2021
EU's Borrell to take part in EU-Central Asia Ministerial Meeting in Dushanbe on Nov 22
DUSHANBE. Oct 12 (Interfax) – High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and European Commission Vice President Josep Borrell will take part in an upcoming EU-Central Asia Ministerial Meeting in Dushanbe, the EU Delegation to Tajikistan said in a statement on Tuesday.
"High Representative Borrell looked forward to visiting Tajikistan for the 17th EU-Central Asia Ministerial meeting to be held on 22 November 2021 in Dushanbe," it said.
Borrell and Tajik President Emomali Rahmon met in Brussels on Monday to discuss ways to advance relations between the EU and Tajikistan and exchange views on "recent dynamics in Central Asia including the repercussions of developments in Afghanistan."
"On regional topics, both sides discussed developments in Afghanistan and to best we can address them together with other partners in the region. President Rahmon and the High Representative Borrell underlined the importance of regional cooperation to address the challenges related to developments in Afghanistan and called for an inclusive government in Kabul," it said.
Borrell reaffirmed "the EU’s commitment to support Tajikistan in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as on sustainable development and climate change."
The EU foreign policy chief also "acknowledged Tajikistan’s potential for green energy generation and welcomed Tajikistan’s active role in the framework of the UN Decade for Water, as well as its intention to host a regional conference on water in 2022 in Dushanbe."